Supporting Mechanics' Hall is supporting Portland's creative community!
Mechanics’ Hall today is a vibrant and significant organization celebrated for its historic library and performance space and offering diverse, inspiring, and accessible programs that amplify, support & educate our creative community. Your help makes that happen!
It’s been an exciting year so we wanted to share some highlights with you. In 2022, Mechanics' Hall presented:
- Over 50 literary programs and book launches with both local and national writers. Our partnerships include the National Book Foundation and supporting the Maine Writers and Publishers Alliance with their inaugural Literary Festival.
- 10 musical performances featuring extraordinary talent, such as Palaver Strings, the KIMI Ensemble, and independent performers including world-renowned Irish fiddle master Kevin Burke.
- 21 art installations and maker events, partnering with the Illustration Institute for exceptional educational lectures and supporting artists like Dear Queer to give voice and visibility to our LGBTQ+ community.
- A new contemporary dance performance, Hour Wolf in the Lighthouse, in collaboration with little house dance and Portland Ovations.
- A theatrical performance, Pony, by playwright Sylvan Oswald, a three-week run as part of the inaugural season of the Portland Theater Festival.
All the while, we have kept sight of the critical work required to ensure the history of our organization remains preserved and that our landmark building survives. To that end, we are proud to announce that as of November 5th, Mechanics' Hall has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places for National Significance. This prestigious nomination will help preserve this beautiful building and ensure the organization’s cultural legacy and influence for decades to come.
We need significant support from our community to continue this work.
Please give today to support our ongoing programming!
NEW IN 2022! Become a Founding Member of The Clerestory Circle with a committed gift of $1,200 or more annually. Founding Clerestory Circle members recognize the importance of ensuring the legacy of our historic - and newly, Nationally Significant! - Mechanics' Hall building with sustaining support.
More information here: https://mainecharitablemechanicassociation.network...
To give via check, please make it out to Mechanics' Hall and mail to:
519 Congress St
Portland, ME 04101
For any questions, or to inquire about stock donations please email email@example.com, or call 207-773-8396